Connecting projector to Xbox 360

SpartanLK

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have tried to connect my Xbox 360 to my Epson Projector EMP 715 using the red, white and yellow cables, however, it does not register the video signal saying there is 'no signal'. Is there a reason for this? Is it because my projector is not compatible with a console? I am thinking of buying a VGA HD AV Cable (xbox 360) which will enable me to connect my xbox to the projector using the 15-pin slot. Is this worth a try or will it also fail?
Any help will be much appreciated.

It's very odd that your composite (YRW) cable isn't working. Does that cable also feature a switch which allows you to choose between "HD" and SD"? If so, you may have it on the wrong setting.

Otherwise, it'll almost certainly work - and with sharper results - via a VGA cable, especially if you set it to the projector's native 1024 x 768 resolution in the 360 menu.

Hello, I have tried to connect my Xbox 360 to my Epson Projector EMP 715 using the red, white and yellow cables, however, it does not register the video signal saying there is 'no signal'. Is there a reason for this? Is it because my projector is not compatible with a console? I am thinking of buying a VGA HD AV Cable (xbox 360) which will enable me to connect my xbox to the projector using the 15-pin slot. Is this worth a try or will it also fail?
Any help will be much appreciated.

Are you using the two way AV cable? If so make sure you have changed it back to SD source and that its not on the HD source as this would explain your problem. Also attempt connecting a DVD player to it via the same method and see if it displays. Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Thank you for your help. On the xbox wire, it has a switch option, to choose HDTV or TV. I took your advice and chose changed it to TV and it now works. Great. Umm... i thought my projector was capable of HD as in its description it says 'Component video input and an HDTV interface have been added...True XGA (1024 x 768) projector capable of supporting signals from VGA to UXGA resolution'. Should i try switching it back to HDTV or am i only able to use standard definition?
Anyway thank you for your help, i would never have known to do this ;)

I think you are only going to be able to use it at that resolution via a 360 vga cable. You should notice a significant increase in picture quality.

Higher resolutions mean greater quality. So YES you will see much better quality in your games as a result of the VGA cable.

Ok, will an S-video cable provide even better quality than a VGA cable? Also what standard of quality is this really limited to, is it much lower than 720p?

Ok, will an S-video cable provide even better quality than a VGA cable? Also what standard of quality is this really limited to, is it much lower than 720p?
No, for you VGA would be the best.

If you use VGA, you should be able to play at a resolution of 1024 x 768, which will give you a much better picture than s-video or the composite (Red, Yellow and White)

S-video and Composite are both Sandard Definition.
VGA, Component and HDMI are High definition.

720p resolution is 1280 x 720, if you use VGA cables you can view yourxbox in 1024 x 768, which isn't much below 720p.
If you use S-video or composite, you are viewing in standard definition which is much lower than both 720p and 1024 x 768.

But anyway, get the VGA cables for your projector and in the settings option of the xbox change the display resolution to 1024 x 768, you will notice the quality mprovement.

Last edited:
Plus, going with VGA will give you a progressive picture rather than interlaced. It's a full-on improvement.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom