Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

connecting pioneer dvd to yamaha receiver

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by mitchvon, Nov 27, 2004.

1. mitchvon

mitchvon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought AV separates and was a bit unsure about how to connect them. The DVD-V/DVD-A/SACD player is Pioneer DV575 and the AV receiver is Yamaha RXV350.
    I understand that to get multichannel sound from DVD-A and SACD playback I have to connect 3 pairs of RCA cables but the confusion arises with the other connections I need to make. Both items have all sorts of sockets; digital and analogue, loads of them.
    What other connection(s) apart from the 3 RCA cables do I need to make, between the player and the receiver to enjoy multichannel movie DVDs , DVD-A and SACD?
    Thanks
    NB The player is connected to the TV via a SCART

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You would connect one optical OR coaxial digital cable between the DVD and amp and 3 pairs of RCA leads from the 5.1 out to the multichannel in. That's all.

3. mitchvon

mitchvon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks, i have connected as recommended and it plays fine. Only problem is it wont allow a recording to made from a DVD or CD to a minidisc recorder that i have connected to 4 RCA input (record)/outputs (play) on the receiver. I have also connected a turntable deck to 2 RCA aux inputs and the Minidisc can record from vinyl OK. The minidisc can also record from the FM tuner (part of the AV receiver) but try and and record a DVD, DVD-A, SACD or CD and nothing. Can anyone tell me if there's something I can do to rectify this.?