1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting pioneer dvd to yamaha receiver

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by mitchvon, Nov 27, 2004.

1. mitchvon

mitchvon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought AV separates and was a bit unsure about how to connect them. The DVD-V/DVD-A/SACD player is Pioneer DV575 and the AV receiver is Yamaha RXV350.
    I understand that to get multichannel sound from DVD-A and SACD playback I have to connect 3 pairs of RCA cables but the confusion arises with the other connections I need to make. Both items have all sorts of sockets; digital and analogue, loads of them.
    What other connection(s) apart from the 3 RCA cables do I need to make, between the player and the receiver to enjoy multichannel movie DVDs , DVD-A and SACD?
    Thanks
    NB The player is connected to the TV via a SCART

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You would connect one optical OR coaxial digital cable between the DVD and amp and 3 pairs of RCA leads from the 5.1 out to the multichannel in. That's all.

3. mitchvon

mitchvon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks, i have connected as recommended and it plays fine. Only problem is it wont allow a recording to made from a DVD or CD to a minidisc recorder that i have connected to 4 RCA input (record)/outputs (play) on the receiver. I have also connected a turntable deck to 2 RCA aux inputs and the Minidisc can record from vinyl OK. The minidisc can also record from the FM tuner (part of the AV receiver) but try and and record a DVD, DVD-A, SACD or CD and nothing. Can anyone tell me if there's something I can do to rectify this.?