• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connecting PC to TV by DVI to HDMI - Flashing Problems

Mattley

Standard Member
I have just bought a dvi-hdmi cable to connect my pc to new hdtv.

I have connected the cable and can show my desktop on the tv but I am getting a constant flashing image. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

I have a Sony KDL40W5500 and a desktop running XP 2002 service pack 3 with GeoForce 9500 GT graphics card.

Thanks in advance if anybody has any suggestions.

DoubleT091

Standard Member
I also have the 40" Sony W5500 TV. I have it connected to a PC with 2x9800GT, and it works fine, except from when I watch blu-ray. Every few seconds, it flashes (black) and it says something about "scene ...".

I have tried both an HDMI cable with a DVI-adapter, and a DVI cable with an HDMI-adapter. Same result. When I tried to watch a blu-ray film on a laptop which was connected to the TV with just an HDMI-cable, it worked fine.

Is there a problem with HDCP trough an HDMI/DVI adapter?

piff470

Standard Member
I've got a similar problem using a HDMI to DVI adapter on my Sanyo PLV-Z2 projector. The image displays but there's very bad distortion. I know the cable, adapter and video sources are OK because I tried them on my 17inch computer monitor and everything displays perfectly.

Did you ever find a solution to this?

DoubleT091

Standard Member
I've got a similar problem using a HDMI to DVI adapter on my Sanyo PLV-Z2 projector. The image displays but there's very bad distortion. I know the cable, adapter and video sources are OK because I tried them on my 17inch computer monitor and everything displays perfectly.

Did you ever find a solution to this?

No, sorry.

t

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom