1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting pc to pv500?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by simg, Jun 19, 2005.

1. simg

simg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi im after some advice as a bit of a newb, i have some hd material on my pc and am looking to connect it to my 37pv500. I already have an s-video lead and 2phono for sound with a scart connection for the end, will that be enough 4 displaying the hd stuff and if it is what are the best settings for pc and plasma. I have a radeon 9600xt with athlon64 3200, any help would be great, thanx in advance! :D

2. Stokesey

Stokesey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have just done mine and it is amazing!! I used a HDMI to DVI converter (fiver or so off ebay), and used a toslink from amp to graphics card. I am using a 9800GT.... I wouldn't have though that s-video would cut it to be honest?

3. foz

foz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    why not just use standard vga connection?you can get dvi-vga connector if your vid card only has dvi-there only a few quid and i use on my pc monitor and quility is fine.do not use s video period

4. Stokesey

Stokesey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The reason for me is that the plasma is wall mounted and I haven't put in a VGA cable in, the HDMI was the easiest option and only for HD demo, I can't see that I will ever need to connect my PC for anything else?

5. foz

foz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i was suggesting simg try vga-not qustioning your set up which im sure is fine.Ive got same problem at moment but am going to put a vga lead in when i put hdmi lead in as i want to get me a litle mame/zsnes box