1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting pc to projector

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by chris thomas, Apr 8, 2001.

1. chris thomas

chris thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    CAN ANYONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVISE ON THE BEST WAY ( CABLE ) TO CONNECT MY PC TO A CRT PROJECTOR,
    I AM USING THE CREATIVE DXR3 CARD WHICH HAS A S VIDEO OUTPUT AND ALSO A VGA OUT DB-15 CONNECTOR BUT THIS IS USED FOR THE PC MONITOR.
    MY CRT PROJECTOR HAS RGB SCART, SVIDEO, AND R, G/GS, B, SYNC H-H/V, SYNC V, INPUTS WHICH ARE BNC CONNECTORS.
    ANY ADSVISE PLEASE AS I AM LOOKING FOR THE BEST PICTURE QUALITY, CHEERS CHRIS T.

2. Caroline

Caroline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Just a tip, Chris, I know you're a new member, but take the caps lock off - there's no need to SHOUT!! It makes it really difficult to read and somebody who may have been able to help you might not bother to read your thread.
    Sorry, I can't help on this particular subject.
    Enjoy the hobby :cool: Caroline

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    You should get a hd15(vga) to 5 BNC cable and use the RGBHV bnc sockets on your projector.

However you don't say what model of projector it is so we can't say whether it'll work. The projector needs to be capable of receiving a progressive scan signal and of scanning up to 32kHZ (line doubled). If it's a LCD device or DLP then you are likely to be OK. If it's a CRT give us the specs or model number.

All the best,

Gordon

4. Vixpy

Vixpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will the Seleco 400 plus accept the correct signel and can i take the input out of my pc vga card straight to the projector using the cable specified or do i need a card that ouputs an s-video or similar signal to do this?

5. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    Vixpy: Set the PC to 600 x 480 (VGA output)in its "display" settings on "control panel" and you should be OK. I don't think that the 400 plus can do 800x600. Best not to try it as you might stress out the power supply.

600x480 is more suited to this projector anyway.

Use the lead I suggested.

Gordon