• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

connecting pc to projector with hdmi

E

eyeoforion

How is this done do i have to get a grpahics card with hdmi output or can a dvi connection be made tolink to the hdmi?? o do i just use the analogue vga output?

Jammyb

Prominent Member
you can either use a cable with DVI at one end and HDMI at the other (what I'm doing).

Or have either a HDMI lead or a DVI lead, with an adapter at the relevant end.

However I've found I prefer having it connected via VGA to VGA, as HDMI can only accept certain resolutions, so if I load up a game that's in an unsupported res the HDMI port registers no signal and I swear and restart my PC....

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
Jammyb said:
you can either use a cable with DVI at one end and HDMI at the other (what I'm doing).

Or have either a HDMI lead or a DVI lead, with an adapter at the relevant end.

However I've found I prefer having it connected via VGA to VGA, as HDMI can only accept certain resolutions, so if I load up a game that's in an unsupported res the HDMI port registers no signal and I swear and restart my PC....

that must be the problem i had then....lol...i had a HDMI-DVI adaptor and i figured it was only a one way one, not DVI-HDMI, or that converting from DVI to HDMI then HDMI to M1DA (or whatever that port is on my 7205) was too much to keep the signal...heh...my PC wouldnt recognise the PJ as a display anyhow...

so i went and got VGA-VGA...heh......tbh it looks just fine to me, i doubt there is any significant difference....

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom