• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connecting PC to AV amp help

piros

I am wanting to hook my PC up to my AV amp for sound so if I want to watch something on iplayer/4od etc I can through speakers. Problem I am having though is that if I connect the PC to the amp, and want to play a game for example on it using headphones while the amp is in use, I can't.

Are there any splitters that will solve this issue as it's a bit of a pain having to keep swapping the cables at the back of the PC! Guess it's a simple solution so thoughts welcome! :)

Fe_man2000

Does your PC have headphone socket on the front ? I ask because if it does some drivers let you mute the back or front - you you could "Switch" between the two using the software by simply muting the output.

piros

Does your PC have headphone socket on the front ? I ask because if it does some drivers let you mute the back or front - you you could "Switch" between the two using the software by simply muting the output.

I do have a headphone socket at the front, haven't managed to get it working yet though :D Didn't know if there was a simpler solution that would just switch between the two depending on which is on at the time? Thanks though, will keep it in mind :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom