Connecting PC and consoles wirelessly?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by cafevincent, Aug 5, 2006.

1. cafevincent

cafevincent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What would be the best cheap way to wirelessly connect PC, Xbox, PS2 and the upcoming consoles (like Wii) to a single flat screen? I don't have a screen yet so I may need pointers there too (it should be cheap also). Can someone help a newbie?

2. OCukScoobyDoo

OCukScoobyDoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Dont think its possible to wirelessly connect these devices to a screen, you will require cables, HDMI, COMPONENT, DVI

3. cafevincent

cafevincent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No I meant that maybe there is a wireless component input box or something where I could hook up these equipment with their normal component etc. cables.

4. geriatric

geriatric
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi I have been trying to use a Phillips SLV3100 to send PC wirelessly to TV.
    Have posted on sites without any answers and Phillips say I would need their
    SLV5400 which can transfer four items of equipment including PCs. Here in Portugal it is euros 189 which would make it about £120. I looked at the box and there was no mention of PC input so I cannot be certain it transfers to PCs. My video card ATI X1300 appears to need to be connected to something which it can recognise as a monitor/TV before activating and this is part of my problem.
    The only wirelss PC to TV connector would seem to be this equipment on the site below which connects to the HD15 of your PC.
    http://www.easylife.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_43&products_id=42ad=gle-pcs-pc-to-tv.
    Probably of no help but it does seem there is a void in the market.
    I ended up using a 20 metre composite cable for the few times required is not too much of a pain.