Connecting Paradigm servo 15

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by sam10, Jun 22, 2001.

1. sam10

sam10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone please help me with something. I have recently purchased a Paradigm servo 15, it came with the x-30 control box but no instrutions. I have always plugged subs in via a speaker line input so I have deep bass all of the time aswell as a sudden blast on explosions etc.
    I think looking at this sub that it only plugs via the LFE output from my receiver whiich does not suit me much.
    Reading the web site it looks like I need a x-20 box to plug it in how I want to.
    The sub arrived damaged and is going back on Monday, I can choose either a refund or replacement when they get more stock, so I have the weekend to play around and see if I like it.
    Any advise on how to plug it in will be greatly welcomed as it looks a beast and I would rather replace it than look for something else.
    I know on the reviews I read that people gave an opinion on how it sounded with music. Surely you would have to plug it in via speaker line inputs to hear music through it?
    At the moment its plugged directly from the receiver to the sub, and you will think I am mad but it seems to lack authority like that.
    Thanks, Neil.

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
    Neil

I will try and help if I can as no one else has bitten. If you want a copy of instruction I can post you a photo copy, email me your address.

You do need the the x 20 for high level input but with the Servo 15, I think the line level works really well. It takes some setting up, bedding in and positioning but it is worth the wait, beleive me I waited for both of mine!

The x30 unit is particularly good as an external crossover. The best I have come across. You have two options either the 0.1 input from your receiver or the L and R signal before it goes to the power amps. As I don't know what system you have I can't help any further.If you have a receiver can you separate the power amps from the processing? If not use the 0.1, it works really well. If you can you have the option of the 0.1 or L and R. My Tag has the option of both but I use the 0.1 and I am an anally retentive audiophile.

Having lived with the Rel Storm and Servo 15 side by side of the last month or two I would say stick with the Servo 15 without question. Disc of the moment is DTS The Haunting. The whole house rumbles! Awesome because it is not boomy but controlled.

Hope this helps, shout if you need any more.

3. sam10

sam10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Nic for your advise, I think I will play around until it goes and then buy one with a x-20.
    Thanks again, Neil.