Connecting Panasonic SC-BTT775, 360s, Humax FOXSAT-HDR, Acer Revo R3610 (XBMC)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by lead, Jan 7, 2012.

1. lead

lead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I recently bought a Panasonic SC-BTT775 3D Home Cinema System and I need to reconnect all my kit: an Xbox 360 Slim, a Humax FOXSAT-HDR and an Acer Revo R3610 running XBMC.

Previously, it was all connected with a Marantz SR5300 AV Receiver in the middle. This had no HDMI, but 2 optical inputs. So video for all devices was provided via an Oppo HM-31 HDMI switch directly to my TV (TV has 2 x HDMI) and audio to my speakers via optical on the SR5300. This worked fine.

As the Panasonic has 2 HDMI inputs and 1 optical, I'm trying to work out the best way to connect it all.

I'm going to do some internet searching, but in the meantime wanted to ask here - can I now ditch the optical cables and simply use my HDMI switch to connect all 3 sources (360, Humax, Revo) to the home cinema system? I don't know if all three sources output 5.1 via HDMI -and that's really the purpose of this post.

As there are two HDMI inputs on the home cinema system I thought I could connect the 360S to HDMI2 and the Humax and Revo, via my switch, to HDMI1.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  2. lead

lead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Source

3. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    Your proposed option sounds fine to me!

4. lead

lead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I've removed optical cables from the equation.

I have my 360 going to HDMI2 on the cinema system - video and sound output present and correct.

I have my Humax and Revo going to the HDMI switch, then to HDM1 on the cinema system. I can switch between the two and get video. I get audio from the Humax and changing channel to BBC One HD the display on the cinema system flashes up Dolby Digital. (Turning off the cinema system makes the sound drop back to the TV. Panasonic Viera in action?)

However, I'm getting no sound from the Revo (XBMC). I've been changing the audio settings within XBMC (Live v10), but have had no joy yet. But I think that's an issue with the Revo/XBMC, not the cabling. :(

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  5. lead

lead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I find it a little annoying when threads fade away without coming to a conclusion, reporting if the OP fixed their problems, etc, so I just wanted to add that I've sorted it. :clap:

I had to go into the Audio Mixer (XBMC), found in programs, and unmute everything that was there (except mic, that kept re-muting) and then the speakers jumped into life. :)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012