1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting Panasonic - PWD6BX

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by lconnor, Nov 23, 2004.

1. lconnor

lconnor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just wanting a bit of advice on connecting my new PWD6BX plasma.
    It comes with the SCART video board and as such I will only have one SCART input, but I have 3 inputs (Video, DVD and SKY).

The first question is are SCART auto selectors OK, how much quality will I lose etc.. is it worth just using the VCR for this?

The second question is...
    I am mounting the Plasma on the wall and such I am wanting to chase the cable in the wall to conseal it. The problem being here is that a SCART cable is normally quite thick and will be more difficult to place into the wall.

Now as I only need video to the display (it does not come with speakers) do I really need to run a full SCART cable to the screen? Can I just use the video signal to he display i.e. SCART to composite and just feed the video to the TV. This will be a smaller cable and easier to fit but will I lose quality?

Any feedback on this would be good as AV is not my strong point at all..

Thanks
    Lee

2. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are endless threads explaining how-to connect the Panny PW6 plasma to different sources, use the search function instead and you get lots of results.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215