Connecting Panasonic NV-GS11EB DV Camera to a TV

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by bigdalkabir, Aug 21, 2006.

1. bigdalkabir

bigdalkabir
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just wondered if anybody could offer any advice as to what lead I need to connect a Panasonic NV-GS11EB DV Camera to a TV monitor which only has normal video (yellow) and audio (red) inputs. The handbook suggests either the S-Video Output socket (located where the battery goes) or the Audio - Video Output socket (which also doubles for the remote and headphones). However, I am at a loss to know what type of lead fits the A-V output. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. RBZ5416

RBZ5416
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,227
    LSJA0280

A Google for this part no. will turn up other sources.

3. rickyt

rickyt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    I own a Panny NV-GS11 , fine little camcorder. It should have been supplied with a lead that has a 3.5mm jack plug on one end and a phono for audio & a phono for video on the other.I own a few of these leads for MP3 players ,Minidisk player came with a one too . So, they'll be coloured different ,some of mine are red & black for the phonos and I have one yellow & white [the proper one].Doesn't really matter about the colours ,you could mark them audio & video .On the GS11 it fits in the socket marked A/V out under the microphone at the front of the camera , I suspect you already knew that.You can buy them at most electrical retailers ,but I get most things from Maplin.

4. bigdalkabir

bigdalkabir
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Thanks to both of you for your help. I did get a lead with the camcorder, but it doesn't fit into the a/v out socket on the camera. I think it has a 2.5mm jack plug. I also have a 3.5mm stereo phono lead that I use in the headphone socket of my MP3 to connect it to my stereo, which fits perfectly in the camcorder. Strange how they have given me the wrong lead !?! Just to make sure, is this the lead I need?:

http://www.partstore.com/sl/lamps-batteries-remotes/74561-Panasonic-LSJA0280-Audio-Video-Cable.html

Thanks!

5. RBZ5416

RBZ5416
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,227
    If you check the first few pages of the manual there will be a list of "enclosed accessories", that's where I got the part number from. The photo in your link looks spot on. :smashin:

It sounds as though the one you have is from a stills camera & is only mono.

6. rickyt

rickyt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    Looks different to the one I got too ,I would say the pictured lead is the correct one but will have 4 silver bands around the plug ,Video ,Audio L ,Audio R and earth . All the ones I have just have the three bands making these mono .Now I'll have to find out if the Panasonic socket will accept the correct banded stereo plug .Pleased you brought this up .

7. bigdalkabir

bigdalkabir
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm going to get a lead the same as the one pictured, about time to take a gamble I think! I'll let you know how it goes, but it may be a couple of days as I'm ordering a load of stuff with it from the internet. Thanks again for your assistance!

8. bigdalkabir

bigdalkabir
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a quick note to say that the leads works perfectly. Thanks!