1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting Panasonic NV-FJ620 VCR to AV/IN Canon MV 700i

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by antaine, Nov 26, 2004.

1. antaine

antaine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First post here guys so go easy!!

I have the Canon MV 700i Mini DV and I have used it to passthrough AV to DV from an old JVC camcorder (VHS-C) to my pc - no problem.

Last night I tried to hook up my Panasonic NV-FJ620 VCR to record from the VCR to the 700i. The Panasonic has the following connectors:
    2 scart connections, RF in/out (coaxial) and Stereo out (phono)

I tried using the scart connector on the VCR (used both AV1 and AV2), but nothing came back out to the 700i. The only output connectors on the VCR is the (i) RF OUT and (ii) the 2 Stereo connectors. Is it possible that the 2 scart connectors are input ONLY into the VCR?

(I used 2 scart adapters - one with all the 'prongs' and one with about a third of the prongs- they were connected to a lead with a red/yellow/white cables which then lead to one connection like an headphoen jack, which went into the 700i AV in)

Do I need to connect my 'RF Out' to my AV In on the 700i? - The AV In also act as a headphone jack (so it is that size).

Any ideas on what connector/cable will let me connect my vcr to 700i and where can I buy it as my local shop (in Ireland) aren't very sure of my options. I can buy here in Ireland or UK.

many thanks :)

Antaine.