• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connecting Optoma Projector to Thomson 28WH201S TV

Jimmer2010

Standard Member
Hi there,
Have got a Optoma EP721 projector and am trying to link it to my Thomson 28WH201S TV (approx 5 yrs old). Am attempting to link them using an S-video cable as this was recommended. The 2 are now connected but they are failing to recognize each other ie the TV carries on showing TV and the projector shows a blue screen on wall.
I believe the s-video cable is on AV3 but looking at the manual it appears that the AV1 channel is the link to outputting RGB devices. AV1 is currently where my cable TV box is linked and only has a scart connection. The cable TV box has no logical access to connect a projector either. The projector has VGA in and out, VGA2, s-video, audio, RS232 and USB links.
Below is the link to its manual but I don't think its the projector thats the problem.
Can anyone assist?
Cheers,
Jim
http://www.aboutprojectors.com/pdf/optoma-ep721-manual.pdf

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom