Connecting old speakers

myrs915

Novice Member
I’m trying to see if I can salvage some speakers from an old “all in one” surround system. It was a JVC thc50. The DVD player doesn’t power on at all anymore but the subwoofer still powers up and that’s where all the other speakers plug into. The subwoofer has a DIN 8 pin that would go into the actual DVD player.
is there anyway to use these speakers? Thank you for any help

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Do you have a link to a User Manual and I’ll have a look.

Joe

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
You could try hacking the system cable to send a signal into the Powered Sub - it would be a lot of trial and error unless JVC will provide you with a pin out diagram and even then your options would be limited in terms of a suitable source which provides a 5.1 analogue signal.

You could try reusing the passive speakers with another system - though they are low impedance (3ohm) so very limited range of suitable Amps you could purchase, conventional AVR would work but could overheat so for the cost of a new 'all0in-one' system I don't see it being worthwhile and as the Sub is not usable either your options to reuse are pretty limited.

Someone somewhere could likely hack something together as a stereo system for use in a small hall, office, club etc but not convinced it will be an ideal 'home system'.

Joe

myrs915

Novice Member
You could try hacking the system cable to send a signal into the Powered Sub - it would be a lot of trial and error unless JVC will provide you with a pin out diagram and even then your options would be limited in terms of a suitable source which provides a 5.1 analogue signal.

You could try reusing the passive speakers with another system - though they are low impedance (3ohm) so very limited range of suitable Amps you could purchase, conventional AVR would work but could overheat so for the cost of a new 'all0in-one' system I don't see it being worthwhile and as the Sub is not usable either your options to reuse are pretty limited.

Someone somewhere could likely hack something together as a stereo system for use in a small hall, office, club etc but not convinced it will be an ideal 'home system'.

Joe
Thank you so much for your time. Now to find a new system. 😀

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom