1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting NW-HD3 to car stereo radio/CD player

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Fanboy, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Fanboy

Fanboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am sure that there were once posts about this subject in here, but I can't find them.

Does anyone know of a method of connecting a Sony NW-HD3 to a car stereo (radion/CD setup)?

2. Fanboy

Fanboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    *Bump*

Can no one help?
    :lease:

3. Wykey

Wykey
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You *could* use one of the FM transmitters...

Not entirely sure of the sound quality though.

4. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I think you can get a cable which goes into the back of the head unit. Can't give you any more than that, though.

Failing that, get a head unit which has a line-in. These are surprisingly rare, though.

5. philthunder

philthunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If your head unit does not have an AUX in Maplin do an FM modulator, this cuts off the aerial feed and sends the line out signal to the radio, it helps by cutting off any radio signals so provides a good signal free from interference. They are much better than the FM transmitters which I found are a pile of poo. You have a power switch for the modulator so that normally off ,it sends the aerial feed straight into the radio, power it up and it cuts off the aerial signal and feeds you aux unit into the radio. Works pretty well and they are £30.
    You put your aerial feed into the modulator and the output from the modulator into the radio, two phono plugs into the modulator from your ipod sony etc. (you will need a phono to 3.5 jack cable in most cases) and power via supplied switch to turn it on and off.
    Set your NW HD3 to line out Tune in the radio to the set frequency and add it to a preset.

6. Fanboy

Fanboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Marvellous - sounds good to me! Thankyou!
    :thumbsup:

7. Hasselhoffia

Hasselhoffia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well there was supposed to be an official (?) interface kit from Sony (or at least they advertised it in a e- newsletter about 4 months ago) but have not seen it turn up. There are third party products that allow the NW-HD3 to plug in to Sony headunits Try: Connects2.com for their Sony NW-HD1 & Apple iPod car kits

Blurb:
    Also Revverlution.co.uk. Bound to be more out there.

You can also try a search on eBay for 'Sony HD3 car kit', usually get a few hits. Try here and here. Little pricey though.