Connecting new Plasma & Projector to SKy+ & DVD

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by karl, Sep 14, 2002.

1. karl

karl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I finally ordered a TV for the new house. A Panasonic 37" plasma - TH37PW4B. I got the last one at Sound and Vision for £2400 inc delivery. It went out of stock bu the chap in front of me cancelled.

I have a Philips Q50 NTSC/PAL progressive DVD player on its way from hivizone.

Sky + has recently been installed - S-video + RGB scart.

I will order a panasonic ae100 projector soon.

Now the problem :-

How do I connect it all together for maximum picture quality ?

I understand that progressive output from the DVD player must be fed via component. I expect this means that I will have to swap the component lead from the Plasma to the Projector when I want to use it :( A bit fiddly.

I will probably get a Pro V box to improve Sky + on the projector. Does anybody have any experience with a Pro V & a Plasma - Does it improve the picture noticeably ?

I will not be using the projector / plasma at the same time but is there a way to connect them without having to swap leads.

For Sky viewing will the RGB to VGA box be a good choice for the Plasma and the ProV for the projector ?

I think the problem may be one component out from DVD and two displays - Is there a way to split it ?

Thanks for any input.