1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting my Xbox via Wireless Connection

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by holtehero, Oct 7, 2004.

1. holtehero

holtehero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    Hi,

Appologies if this has been asked before, but it would seem all the previous threads have disappeared

Finally about to get broadband installed through work and plan on making use of it at weekends for a bit of Xbox live. As the Xbox is in the living room and my broadband connection in my office upstairs, i want to make the connection wireless

As BT have supplied me with a Speedtouch USB, i plan on changing this for the following Modem/router/wireless access point and wireless bridge

Linksys LNE100TX 10/100 PCI Ethernet Adapter (for PC)
    Linksys WAG54G Wireless 4-Port ADSL Router
    Linksys WGA54G 54Mbps Wireless-G Ethernet Game Adapter

I have gone gor the 54Mbps route as i also plan on using the xbox as a media centre to stream MP3s/DIVX from my PC etc

Is there anything i should be aware of when trying to set this up and also has anyone else used the above as i want to make sure of compatibility

Many thanks

H

2. [Slip]

[Slip]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

I have an almost identical setup (ADSL Linksys 4 port wireless router and the G game wireless)

If you can setup a normal wireless network then this will be no problems at all!

very fast, pretty reliable (have had to reset the Wireless-G occasionally but no "faults")

I stream DivX and MP3 from the PC, it's pretty cool, so many things you can do. It's a bit of a pain in the bum trying to setup the streams. I would advise reading about doing it first at a few places then attempting. There are a few security issues (user logins to PC and shares etc) but ultimately as long as the instructions are followed its pretty straightforward.

Xbox LIVE is fine through it too in case you where worried about latency.

Have fun!

3. holtehero

holtehero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    Thanks Slip - all i needed to know really :thumbsup:

I guess the Wireless bit will be the hardest part if i decide to use WEP etc, roll on Rainbow 6 on live