Question Connecting my Sony Sound System to my new KD49XH8505

phawesy

Novice Member
I have recently purchased a KD49XH8505 and am trying to connect it to my DVD Home Theatre System DAV-DZ280. I can get the DVD player to play DVD's through the TV and sound out of its speakers, but I can't seem to get the TV to play through the Sound System. Looking at the various handbooks I can't see how to do it? I have an optical output from the TV but no input on the Sound System and I have a SCART in/output on the Sound System but no SCART connection on the TV.

My question is : Is it possible to play the sound from my new TV through my old Sound System?

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated!

DavidT

If the old sound system doesn't have inputs for HDMI or optical then you are going to have to upgrade to something more modern.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
The only way to get sound from your TV to your home theatre system is to connect the TV's headphone/Line out socket with a 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo minijack to the 3.5mm Aux input on the front panel of the DAV-DZ280.
Go into the TV's audio out setting and set the Headphone out to Line Out.

DavidT

The only way to get sound from your TV to your home theatre system is to connect the TV's headphone/Line out socket with a 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo minijack to the 3.5mm Aux input on the front panel of the DAV-DZ280.
Go into the TV's audio out setting and set the Headphone out to Line Out.
Won't that be stereo only?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Yes, but that's all you can get from your TV and your present audio system.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom