1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting My PS2 another way?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by andycharger, Aug 15, 2005.

1. andycharger

andycharger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Im having a dilema. I need to connect my Playstation 2 to my new Hitachi 42 Inch Plasma TV. At present, it is connected using the Composite Video Connection and the 2 audio connections go from the Playstation to my Surround Sound system.
    You can buy a Scart leady that connects the playstation but that has 2 problems. Firstly, I have no spare Scart Sockets on my TV. Secondly, the Scart connection relies on composite RCA plugs connecting to a Scart adapter anyway!

So what I need to know is......

1)is there a cable out there that connects my playstation 2 to my TV VIA VGA socket or Component RGB RCA Connectors? Remember I still need to split my sound out to my Surround Sound and send just the video to my TV

2)My PS2 has a digital out on the back. Is there a Digital Cable that splits into either VGA or Component RGB?

3)can someone point me at a site that recommends how to do it?

Many thanks

Andy

2. Parklife

Parklife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Yes there is a cable that will allow you to use a component connection. IXOS do one with 5 RCA outs - 3 for the component and 2 for the sound. It is a bit pricey though. I managed to pick up a component lead for about £10 but cannot remember where from. Many people here have picked one up from EBAY and raved about the results.

The digital out is an optical oput for the sound. You could always use this to connect to the surround sound system, providing it has an optical input.

3. rdhir

rdhir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    i have found the occasional PS2 game that does not work over digital, Parappa the Rappa being the one that springs to mind which for some reason only sends sound out the analog audio so you might want to have both digital/analogue.

Cheers

Rajiv