connecting my pc to xbox?

ian2007

Established Member
Reaction score
ive just recieved an xbox with media center installed and was wondering what the best wireless network adaptor was for streaming movies? or would wired be better?

thanks

Wired would be cheaper! i run my cable down the groove in between the laminate and skirting board with some quadrant over it , so no cable showing and fast transfers, you just need to download flash fxp or cute ftp for your pc.:smashin:

Remember if you are doing a direct link from PC to xbox then use a crossover cable.

My xbox just goes through my router - im using xbmc - and I have no problems. But yeah, use a crossover for direct connection.

you just need to download flash fxp or cute ftp for your pc.:smashin:

Or indeed any reliable ftp client.

For example, if you are using Windows, you could try Filezilla.

As well as being open source, Filezilla has the advantage of not costing you anything. (As opposed to downloading a "trial" version of the other programs suggested which expire unless you pay up)

all the info and how to's can be found here.
And I use filezilla :smashin:

I use a Belkin F5D7330UK Wireless Gaming Adapter / Ethernet bridge, which i bought off eBay. Works a treat and easy to set up.

Have had no problem streaming from PC to Xbox, it even streams Sopcast/TVuplayer, so i can watch live premiership footie on my TV, rather than the PC.

PJ

how do stream sopcast, does it work in 360 :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom