• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connecting my PC to the reciever

aqeel

Novice Member
Hi .
Though I am not sure if I am at the right section.
I connect my pc to my receiver but I have a little problem .
Every time I connect it the PC starts to do some editing on the video , of course I am talking about playing 5.1 movies to my receiver and my receiver can expand that to 7.1 .
The issue is that I can't make my video player (MPC) send the right channels to where they belong .

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
If we assume you are using optical then this is only stereo.
Optical only passes through 5.1 from a DVD drive or AC3 source, example VOB file on hard drive and can be dependant on the software you are using to view the source.
Some people play around with a piece of software called AC3 Filter.
If your receiver has 5.1 direct in you could use (5.1) 3x 3.5mm to stereo jacks. (7.1) 4x 3.5mm to stereo jacks.

aqeel

Novice Member
If we assume you are using optical then this is only stereo.
Actually no , I use the HDMI for both audio and video and it 1.3 so no worries about being surround or stereo .
Also I don't use DVDs or Blurays I play them in formats like MP4 or MKV or any other HD formats. I guess I didn't mention details .:)

PunterHunter

Standard Member
Just a thought - when you are encoding the film file are you including 5.1 codecs?

I use FabDVD to rip films and it allows the user to include or exclude - exclude makes the file size smaller so comes in handy at times..

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom