• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connecting my Panasonic to a router?

Buster Boy

Standard Member
Hi, new to this forum & need advice!
I'm trying to connect my Panasonic TH-42PZ81B to a router as I am led to believe I can watch i-player.
Connected router to tv, router indicates b/band OK. Problem I have is with Freesat setup via the manual. I've set 'Connect to network' & set IP address & DNS address to 'Auto' but what are the 'Proxy' and 'Proxy Port' settings?
I've left them blank & it doesn't work. Advice gratefully received. I am a complete novice!

GaseousClay

Distinguished Member
Hi Buster Boy,
The pz81 is a 2008 model. Panasonic haven't upgraded these units to work with iplayer. Much to the disappointment of owners of said model. At one point panasonic said a firmware upgrade would be forthcoming, numerous dates went by the wayside and the latest is said to be september of this year. However they have also said that a release would not be forthcoming if it affected the TVs functionality. All I would say is don't hold your breath.

Like other owners my money won't be spent on panachronic product until it does see light of day

Last edited:

logiciel

The same as on a Sky receiver until recently - none.

logiciel

OK - feel free to post again if anything else comes up - Logi

lbear

Is this a case like the early LG Freesat TVs of them not fully complying with the Freesat specs? I seem to remember that LG gave up and sent out Humax Foxsat boxes to their customers to give them the iPlayer functions.

wiz

Distinguished Member

logiciel

What can you use it for on the Sky receiver?
Until recently, for nothing.
Now, if you have Sky's internet service, and the right make and model of receiver, for their Anytime+ service, that lets you download through the internet from a list of programmes, if your subscription doesn't already give you far more than enough programmes from the satellites than anyone could ever want to watch. :D

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom