1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting my LG42PZ17 to my Digibox

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by robyoung, Nov 9, 2003.

1. robyoung

robyoung

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Hi all,

new to this forum, but looks like a good place for advice... and funnily enough thats what i need. I'm now the proud owner of a lovely wall mounted LG PLasma telly but i cant seem to be able to connect it up to my Sky Digibox (Pace) which is scart based. I have my DVD going through the S-video which works fine and my gamecube through the video RCA.

I assumed that i'd be able to get a scart to s-video going from the digibox but there doesnt seem to be any signal at all with this. im sure there's a reason for this but my limited knowledge doesnt help!

so any suggestions on whats possible and whats the best way? as well as what sort of proce i'll be looking at for whats needed!

cheers in advance

rob :)

2. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    Assuming the LG has more than 1 s-video, then have you checked the direction on the scart/s-video lead ... some go scart>s-video, some s-video>scart ... also is the scart set for rgb out ? you may need to change to composite in the digibox ?

Another way would be to daisychain the sky and dvd player together using scart cables (again assuming the dvd player has two scarts) ...

HTH

Jon

3. KevinWood

KevinWood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you need to get Dr John's RGB-Component convertor to connect you Sky box to your plasma (costs >£100). This is of course assuming you have the component board in your LG.

Hope this helps,

Kevin.