1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting my Denon DHT500SD

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by runner125, Dec 13, 2004.

1. runner125

runner125

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    This is my first post and I hope it will not be too long so stick with me and I hope someone can help.
    I am having trouble connecting my Freeview (2 scarts), TV (2 scarts) PS2, vcr(2 scarts) and Denon (1 scart). I originally had this all working fine by connecting thus:

Denon > TV via S-video
    Denon Scart > TV AV2 Scart
    Freeview TV Scart > TV AV1 Scart
    Freeview Aux Scart > Video AV2 Scart
    PS2 > Video AV1 Scart.

Doing this everything worked and freeview overrode the vcr & ps2, the vcr overrode the ps2.

Then I replaced the Nokia Freeview with a Goodmand GDB 5 because of the digital radio it contains, however I now can not get everything to work the way it used to. Ideally I would like to be able to listen to the radio without the tv on and I can do that with a 2 into 1 scart but I cannot get everything to work. For example, the video now overrides the freeview which is no good for recording. Additionally, the ps2 seems to get its signal blocked out by the video even when the video is turned off! As I have swapped a lot of the scarts around now I don't know which ones I originally used for what and I wonder if some might not be bi-directional and also whether some have the pin 8 connected or disconnected.
    I have been swapping scarts and trying different suggestions I found on forum for over a week now. Can someone help before I run out of hair to pull out. :lease:

2. pitijopo

pitijopo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I have read your msg and despite I cannot help you I thought you may hep me. I have just bought the Denon DHT-500SD Home Theatre System. I have connected it using a scart cable and the DVD is superb. Unfortunately I can not manage to get the TV (Sony digital TV) sound through the theatre system. What shall I do? Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

M