1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting mp3 player to Hi-Fi

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by minimav, Jun 25, 2005.

1. minimav

minimav

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know whether this should go in this forum or in the iPod forum, so I'm sorry if its in the wrong place. I have a 3rd generation iPod 10Gb, without a dock connector, and a Hitachi AX-M130 DAB Hi-Fi. I would to connect my iPod up to the system, but don't know what I need to do this. I have heard about a wireless option, but would prefer to have my iPod connected up directly. Any ideas as to how I could do this and any recommended products?

Thanks...

2. phalaris

phalaris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I'm not sure what kind of hifi system you have, but basically what you need to do is look at the back of it and look for two RCA auxilliary inputs. One will be RED and another one will be WHITE.

Then you need to go to your local electronics shop (not necesarrily a hifi shop) and ask for a minijack-RCA 2-to-1 cable. Basically one end of it will plug into the iPod's headphones jack, and the other end will have two RCA ends -- RED and WHITE.

Then you set up your CD player into auxilliary input and you press play on your iPod, and there you have it!

3. minimav

minimav

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much phalaris, much appreciated.