• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

connecting media centre to plasma

nick901

Standard Member
Hi
I want to connect a media pc to my plasma (older panny PE30), it dosnt have a DVI input :( but it does have a component input. Can i get a graphics card, say an asus (same as motherboard) extreme 6600 with a DVI output and get a DVI to component cable?.
Any advice welcomed
cheers
nick

you can get graphics cards that come with break out boxes which are a little black thing that connects to a port on the graphics card and gives you component + composite outs

i have one with my 6600 le

poggs

nick901 said:
Hi
I want to connect a media pc to my plasma (older panny PE30), it dosnt have a DVI input :( but it does have a component input. Can i get a graphics card, say an asus (same as motherboard) extreme 6600 with a DVI output and get a DVI to component cable?.
Any advice welcomed
cheers
nick

You can get almost any ATI card (ie 9600 onwards) and use their DVI to component converter to send full resolution video to the panel via component.

nick901

Standard Member
Hi guys
Another question, i am trialling a pc with the bulit in video card, i appear to have the 50hz issue (motion blur):eek: , i have tried powerstrip and this has reduced it to 50hz and has made it better.
Do the exteme cards allow 50hz and have you guys experienced this problem?.
cheers
nick

nick901

Standard Member
Hi
Guys, now im getting confused :confused: . It appears there are various DVI standards, DVI-I DVI-D. DVI-I appears to have the analogue (Y,Pb,Pr) pins that i need to connect to my plasma component input?. Can i just use a DVI-I to component cable to connect them?.
cheers again
nick

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom