Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Connecting Loewe Vitros to Pioneer D814

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by rwgdegraaf, Aug 30, 2004.

Tags:
  1. rwgdegraaf

rwgdegraaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I need help! I have a Loewe Vitros 6370ZW and I am thinking about a Pioneer D814 as a homecinema receiver. Does anyone knows how I can connect this receiver tot my telli? The receiver doesn't have scart and my telli doesnt' gave component!!

Is it a good choice or is the Pioneer C402 a better choice?

Please advice,

René

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    You would connect the amp to the tv with a analogue connection for the sounds from the tv to be sent out the 814 to your surround speakers.

3. rwgdegraaf

rwgdegraaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello DFour,

Thanks for your reply but I meant the way I connect the video from the amp to the television. I want to connect my Pioneer HDD/DVD recorder, my CANAL+ decoder, my videorecorder and my Pinnacle Showcenter to the amp and I want to control all the systems through the amp so I ahve to find a good connection from the amp to the television. I always used to connect those apps with scart but on this amp there is no scart and I have no experience with that. I was looking for an amp/receiver which was good as a homecinema and was also good as a normale amp/receiver that's way someone recommended this amp to me.

I hope you can help me?

4. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    you connect reiever to your tv via s-vhs>scart

5. Antpink

Antpink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    I have a Loewe Vitros and Phillips Q50 DVD player connected via component output to the component ready SCART connection on the Vitros using a QED Component to SCART cable. My model is the 32" widescreen, which is a different model number to yours - but the connections should all be the same. On my TV there are 3 SCARTS and S-video and composite, but only SCART 1 is component enabled, the other two are RGB.

However, contact Loewe to see if it is really necessary, as they claim that all the digital processing is done in the TV itself, so (again, they claim) you should get same results from S-Video or component connections - I myself did not see much difference between the two, but as I'd bought the cable I left it hooked up that way! If what they say is true why give the options??

BTW - does the D814 have video upconversion to allow single connection with multiple sources into the amp?