• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connecting LG N2B1 to my Xbox 360

hannay

Standard Member
Had no issues with my Buffalo Linkstation, until it died... went for the above LG NAS drive, but can't get my 360 to see it - the PS3 can. I'm sure i'm doing something really daft, but can anyone help?!

:thumbsup:

petertow

Standard Member
Sorry, but I have the same problem. I think it's the way that LG have configured DLNA.
My PS3 will see it as a media server, an Archos 5 series will see it as UNPN device, but neither the Xbox360 or a DNLA enabled Samsung series 8 plasma can see the NAS.

I am considering buying an LG BD390 to use as a receiving device and rang LG for some advice. I was told that all of our products work fine together http://www.avforums.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

So that must be true then

There is a less than elegant workaround and that is to install something like Connect360 on your PC/Mac and then use the NAS as a mapped share - but of course that means leaving the PC on.

I also have a Netgear Stora and that just worked out of the box with the Xbox360. I only bought the LG NAS as it can be set up as JBOD while the Stora cannot (yet)

Sorry I couldn't help

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom