Connecting LG CX to Computer

tazzo1

Hi

I'm having problems connecting my PC to my new LG CX, I've tried a couple of ways but I'm getting no signal, I'm pretty sure I'm doing it wrong as it wont work for my old telly either.

Can anyone tell me the sure way of connecting it and point me to some leads.
I have tried an adapter VGA input to HDMI output but that does not work for either telly, I know I'm doing it wrong, just need some help.

Thanks

Last edited:

next010

Distinguished Member
No I don't

If your graphics cards has a Displayport output then you can use a DP to HDMI cable.

If not then your out of luck and need to buy a new graphics card that has a HDMI 2.0 port if you want 4K 60Hz output.

VGA is an analogue signal and requires a special converter for digital HDMI but given that costs more than a new graphics card I linked above and will have inferior image quality it makes very little sense to go down that path.

fluxedman

I guess I'll need to buy a monitor for my computer, thanks for the help

You could look for the cheapest hdmi graphics card with 4K support from either Nvidia or AMD
and probably get the output to your CX.

I take it you are not looking for gaming here and just basic output or film and movie playback ?

VGA has been pretty much replaced last decade or so with hdmi or dp connections so you would have to also make sure your PC supports pci express graphics cards. Probably at todays overpriced prices you are looking around £100-180 for a decent card just to get good movie playback, gaming much more. Graphic cards are rare and pricey so its tricky to source them with the current chipset shortage due to covid.

But just for an example if your pc supported pci express cards this one would get you an output :

Amazon product

probably would not have the best performance or movie playback but it would start at least. Probably find better deals off ebay or computer exchange (CEX) site.

I'm having problems connecting my PC to my new LG CX, I've tried a couple of ways but I'm getting no signal, I'm pretty sure I'm doing it wrong as it wont work for my old telly either.
More detailed information about your computer would be most helpful...

tazzo1

Yea, it was just for basic computer use, not even to watch films but to log into sites that my PS4 cannot do due to an outdated browser I think. Anyway I got the answer I was looking for so I'll just end the thread there. Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom