1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting lcd to pc

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by duncan1000, Oct 14, 2004.

1. duncan1000

duncan1000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For the last year I've had my pc connected to an lcd tv (an LG) with no problems at all as the lcd had a pc input on it.
    I've just replaced the lcd with a bigger one (also LG) but it doesn't have a pc input. I've tried connecting it with tv out and with s video and the picture is awful - what can I do?

2. Lameway

Lameway
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well you've kind of learnt the first thing about upgrading - always take your equipment along for a demo no matter how bulky/inconvenient it is as you'll pay out otherwise..

There is no real way to improve the picture apart from getting a monitor for the PC and using the D-SUB to get a proper PC display..

I tried many converters/lead types to try get a Shuttle with a nice picture on an LCD with scart/s-vid/composite, and in the end the PC's ended up connected up to my Tosh LCD and it looks a million times better just using the standard VGA lead..

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

3. duncan1000

duncan1000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    did you try the TView Gold VGA to Video converter?

Claims to be great but I'm quite wary after your lack of joy in trying to find something