1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting Laserdisc Player to imac G5

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by kingkong1933, May 13, 2005.

1. kingkong1933

kingkong1933

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all, I'm brand new and pretty clueless! I recently purchased a stack of laserdisc's of films that have not been released on dvd yet and wanted to transfer them to dvd for my personal collection.

I was thinking of buying a Pioneer LD-V8000 and connecting it with my iMac G5. Would this allow me to transfer the films onto my G5 and possibly directly into iDVD? Also I would need to convert the RS232C interface into a USB port or Firewire. Any ideas on how I can accomplish this? Any help would be greatly apprciated!

KingKong1933

2. DigiStuff

DigiStuff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

I don't own one of these but I have just read the specs of it. You will need to get an analogue to digital converter to take the video output from the Pioneer LD-V8000 to get the video into your iMac. You do not need to convert the RS232 as this is only ever used for control. Take a look at this http://www.canopus.us/US/products/ADVC55/pm_advc55.asp
    which is an analog to digital convertor!

Hope this helps some!!

DigiStuff