Connecting laptop with no hdmi to tv

Stevek541

Novice Member
Hi
I'd like to connect my laptop, which has no HDMI port, to my smart tv. I was wondering if there is an adapter that has usb on one end (for my laptop) and an hdmi socket on the other so I can connect an hdmi cable to my tv and stream whatever is on my laptop (e.g. skygo) to my TV.

mike7

Distinguished Member
Chromecast will enable you to cast stuff if you are using Chrome browser. There are some limitations though.

Jtscott26

Standard Member
Chromecast will enable you to cast stuff if you are using Chrome browser. There are some limitations though.

Correct there are limitations but you can use the full screen cast feature then you're not limited to just the chrome browser.

Jtscott26

Standard Member
TV is a Samsung smrt tv 8000 series. My laptop doesn't have hdmi but does have vga.
Vga to hdmi adapters are ~£5 on amazon. There's some on there for £2 but you get what you pay for, get one sold or fulfilled by Amazon and if there's any issue with it, return it with no questions asked for a full refund.

AndyRg4

I wouldn't bother with the cheap converters as they rarely work. Best bet is to use a vga to component as most TVs will still have these sockets

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom