Connecting laptop to TV

Discussion in 'Home Entertainment Computers' started by SteveSP, Feb 13, 2009.

1. SteveSP

SteveSP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li 2735 which I have connected to my LCD TV via VGA cable. I've set up everything in Display Settings and all appeared OK. However when I boot up the laptop then switch the TV on and select PC input I dont get a picture on the TV. FS use Fn + F10 to select through laptop display / TV display / Laptop and TV display, however when I try this the laptop displays correspond to the above but still no TV picture. Sometimes the laptop resolution changes as well while using Fn+F10; can anyone offer advice please?

2. captain morgan

captain morgan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what make / model tv?

I have a Panasonic @ home which has a number of input options associated to the pc input.
    E.G. input 3 can be:
    A) pc sub d on the front panel
    B) S-Video on the front panel
    C) scart rear mounted

I have to cycle through input 3 to select the correct input

hth

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2009
  3. SteveSP

SteveSP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My TV is a C4_line (C4-LCD3283). Probably won't help alot; I work in Saudi Arabia and bought it from the local Carrefour. It has HDMI input / x2 SCART / VGA to name but a few but no S-Video; my laptop only has VGA and S-Video.
    I toggle through the remote AV Source to select PC input. The instructions quote it as Plug & Play for 9X, ME, 2000 7 XP but no mention about vista which is my OS; can't see that making too much difference, surely.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  4. captain morgan

captain morgan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmmmm

can you connect the laptop to a vga monitor to confirm that the vga is working?

if you confirm the vga is working what happens if you select the vga input on the tv and then plug in the laptop?