connecting laptop to tv, no sound

rigger2504

Novice Member
Reaction score
hi,

I've connected my laptop to my tv with a vga lead but i'm not getting sound. is there another lead i need to connect?

thanks

VGA only carries the picture.

The usual cable to carry the sound is this.

A few TVs need this.

Have a look at the back, side and front of your TV for an input labelled PC audio in OR VGA audio in or something similar. If there are two holes which are red and white then you need the first cable. This is most likely.

The other end goes into the headphone out or line out connector on your laptop.

By the way, it really helps to post the make and model number of items you are asking questions about (the laptop and PC in this case)

Most if not all the newer TVs will have a 3.5mm input next to the VGA input for sound, so for sound you would need a 3.5mm - 3.5mm lead from the laptops sound output, normally the headphone out to the 3,5mm input on the TV, as Gadgetcity says posting the make/model of the laptop/TV would help people to give you the exact answer.

Curly

hi

Could only see an audio in for rgb/dvi. my ** is an LG50P300 and my laptop is a toshiba satellite L300

thanks for all your help so far

LG sometimes call the VGA input RGB. [ RGB IN (PC) ].

This often confuses people because they think it refers to RGB SCART.

The RGB/DVI audio in is the right audio input to match your VGA picture. LG uses a 3.5mm connector normally.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom