connecting laptop to tosh 37wlt66

rphul

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

what is the best way to connect my tosh to my ibm thinkpad t42p? the laptop has a svideo connection available.

Also any recommendations on where to source the cable/s

Thanks

Use the External VGA (D-sub) connector.

Thanks,

checking wikipedia i take it you mean the rgb connection.

so is that on both the laptop and the tv? the laptop has a svideo output as well.

Also one of my friends suggested that i should run the sound seperately from the headphone socket on the laptop

Probably pay a visit to maplins to get the cables

hi i have used a vga 15 pin lead to connect from laptop to tv. using the tv as a monitor is fine however when i play an avi via mediaplayer or realplayer the area of the screen where the motion should be is blank.

Have tried the following

- changed resolution up and down on pc
- tried a youtube clip, this played fine

laptop is an ibm t42p

Any ideas ?

hi i have used a vga 15 pin lead to connect from laptop to tv. using the tv as a monitor is fine however when i play an avi via mediaplayer or realplayer the area of the screen where the motion should be is blank.

This is just a shot in the dark and here it goes: Start the display properties (Start/Control Panel/Display), go to the 'Settings' folder (last one), click the 'Advanced' button (bottom right). There should be a 'Displays' folder in there. Make sure you select the external monitor here when using the VGA output, and don't forget to select the internal display again when not using the VGA output. One my laptops (one HP and one Sony), this enables realplayer/mediaplayer output on the VGA output.

-Eric-

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom