1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting JVC DR-M1SL

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by mad_iguana, Aug 12, 2004.

1. mad_iguana

mad_iguana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all;
    Newbie here; I've been lurking for the past few weeks in the process of buying a DVD recorder, and ended up plumping for the above JVC DR-M1 (which I got on ebay ex-display from Richer Sounds for a good price, hence not buying the Panasonic E55 with the RGB input, hence the question coming up...)
    Anyway, I was wondering what the best method of hooking it all up would be. Other items involved are as follows:
    Mitsubishi TV w/ 2 SCART connections, one of which takes RGB input
    Telewest Digital Cable box (DCB) w/ 2 SCART connections, one of which takes RGB input, the other outputs RGB (don't understand why it takes an input, but anyways...); otherwise both only output composite
    and the JVC DR-M1 w/ 2 SCART connections, one outputting RGB, the other accepting RGB input, plus the S-Video outs and ins.

Is the best method of connection to link the DCB to the DVD with RGB to S-Video then DVD to TV with RGB (as the JVC "plays through" the input from the DCB)?
    And if so, is all I need a SCART to S-Video cable, or do I need a box that converts the signal from RGB to S-Video?
    Sorry if these questions are obvious and silly noob questions, but I couldn't find the answer elsewhere and after splashing out on the kit (and planning to splash out on an amp/surround speaker set soon), I'd like to get the most out of it...
    Thanks in advance for anyone's help out there!