Connecting it all together

daviduk

Hi
This is what i have and will have by this coming Monday.

Samsung PS50Q96HD
Panosonics SC-PT850
Samsung NTL/Virgin Cable box ( not HD )
Sony PS 2

Settings wise is shall start with some of the settings others have suggested and play around with them ,but in all honesty i think the best thing for me to do will be to have it professionally calibrated after it has been run in, so to speak.
I have now read through a couple of thousand Threads over the last few weeks ,and my big stumbling block is connecting it all together ,RGB Scart to this ,component to that , and quite frankley im lost .

So the HELP i need is ,, what cables and in which way would you connect the above together.

Cheers Dave.

choddo2006

Distinguished Member
Cable box through RGBSCART (make sure you set it to RGB in the menu, NTL engineers don't bother)

PS2 over component (some PAL games have progressive scan support which you can then use, but not many) and 2x phonos for audio, and a word of warning; the comonent socket is a bit of a bitch to get to if you've got it wall mounted.

Can you get sound INTO the Panasonic? If so, then optical output from PS2 is best. Phonos probably best option from NTL box.

freeman

Hi
This is what i have and will have by this coming Monday.

Samsung PS50Q96HD
Panasonic SC-PT850

HDMI cable between these two :thumbsup:
For some reason Panasonic won't let the DVD upscale over the component output :nono:

daviduk

Thanks for your help guys .
Sitting on the floor 50" Glass table ,Panasonic Home Cinema and fingers crossed Samsung 50" delivered tomorrow between 3.30 pm/7.30pm.
Once again thanks for your help.
Dave.

daviduk

Hi
Up and running now ,just cant get sound from NTL/Virgin box to Panasonic Home Cinema .PLEASE help

This is how i have it connected together .
TV to H/Cinema = HDMI
TV (OUT) to H/Cinema = Phonos
NTL/Virgin to TV Scart (RGB)

DVD playback is fantastic for sound and picture . NTL/Virgin some channels excellent some not ,but sound only from the internal TV speakers.
Dave.
PS their is no Optical or Phono on the back of the NTL/Virgin box ,just 1 Scart and 1 USB left unused

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom