Connecting ipod touch to an Orange livebox HELP!!

Kazza72

Hi, I would really appreciate some advice. Got my 16gb touch today and am loving it, except that it doesn't want to connect to my livebox. I have security choices of WPA or WEP; WPA only; WEP only or No Security.
My imac will only connect when it is set to WPA or WEP but the ipod touch will only connect when it is set to WEP only (but then my imac won't!). If anyone has any idea I would be very grateful. I also have a PSP and N95 which both happily connect on the 'WPA or WEP' setting.
And yeah...I know I will rarely use the ipod for surfing the net BUT it would be nice to get it working!
I also have a windows laptop (running XP Pro) which also needs to connect.
Is there a big security risk with taking the security off?
Thanks for any help. :confused:

Steven

Senior Moderator
Do remember the password is case sensitive. Also try changing the channel from 'g' only to 'dual b/g' - for some reason doing this made my Wii play ball.

Kazza72

Thanks. I have been searching the web and have now got my imac and ipod connected at the same time! My laptop seems ok so fingers crossed that is sorted!
I needed to change the security setting on the livebox to 'WEP Only' and re-connect through Airport. Fingers crossed my PSP will still connect!! :thumbsup:

A2X16

Standard Member
Well, if you live in an area full of old people, no other wireless networks and no other laptops close to you, or you just dont mind, go to live box config settings, should be on desktop, click on it and go to "access...", your user and password will be admin and the for pass admin. So

admin
admin

And I just turned off my security settings!!!!

And I didnt have to both with the WPA settings, because I have no idea what they are.

DO IT!!!

y2k

Well, if you live in an area full of old people, no other wireless networks and no other laptops close to you, or you just dont mind, go to live box config settings, should be on desktop, click on it and go to "access...", your user and password will be admin and the for pass admin. So

admin
admin

And I just turned off my security settings!!!!

And I didnt have to both with the WPA settings, because I have no idea what they are.

DO IT!!!
I would never do that, you never know who would download what on your internet connection.

The wpa settings should be written on your router, its on the bottom and says security code.

A

Andy1

Hi - I am trying to prepare my sons new Ipod Touch ready for Christmas, and I want it to connect to my wireless network. I have a standard Livebox (about 2 years old) and use Orange.

The iPod has asked me to input the Password (I assume this is the Livebox security password) and the "Network name". I have input "Orange" and "Livebox B450" but it cannot find the Network.

I wonder if the "network name" is something different - can anyone tell me where I will find it / what "Network Name" means ?

Many thanks for any help you can give.

:lease:

A

Andy1

Hi - I wonder if you can help me.

I am trying to prepare my sons new Ipod Touch ready for Christmas, and I want it to connect to my wireless network. I have a standard Livebox (about 2 years old).

The iPod has asked me to input the Password (I assume this is the Livebox security password) and the "Network name". I have input "Orange" and "Livebox B450" but it cannot find the Network.

I wonder if the "network name" is something different - can anyone tell me where I will find it ?

Many thanks for any help you can give.

iRevels

If you turn wifi on, on the Touch and then on your livebox press the little button by the codes, it will "scan" and then you'll be able to find it that way.

The passkey will is case sensitive btw.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom