• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connecting *ion deck to SU-V560 amp.

Jeff47

Novice Member
Hi, guys

I have a *ion Profile Pro record deck which I want to plug in to my Technics SU-V560 amp.

As the deck has a pre-amp and is a digital device I'm advised by the maker that I shouldn't use the phono input but use a CD or tape connection.

I can understand using a CD input but have used that already for my CD player. There is an input for a tape2/DAT tape and assume that would be OK to use although I assumed that a tape input would be analogue?

There's also an aux input and a Tuner input.

Unfortunately I don't have a manual for the amp.

Would welcome some advice if possible please.

Last edited by a moderator:

KJ Palmer

You can in fact use any of the inputs on your amp you mention with your turntable, as they're all line level inputs suitable for the pre-amped RCA outputs of the deck. That's an analogue output - the digital part is the USB connector, which won't come into play in this case.

As correctly mentioned, don't use the Phono input - that's for unamped turntables. Hope that helps.

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
I'd suggest using Aux in, as it's targetted at doing exactly what you want to do.

Jeff47

Novice Member
Thanks to both of you for the advice I'm grateful for your help.

I can now (after many years) re-listen to all those LPs I haven't heard for years in their orignal form - scratches and all in some cases.

Still feel analogue discs seem a more "real" sound than digital but maybe that's just wishfull thinking? :)

Thanks again, guys. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom