1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting Infocus to FreeView box.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by GafferTape, Oct 12, 2005.

1. GafferTape

GafferTape

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've got the following:

Infocus Screenplay 4805
    Sagem Idt64
    Panasonic SA- HT530 Home Cinema DVD system.

I'm trying to connect my projector to the freeview box without much luck.

I'm using composite single yellow into the projector, while the Sagem has a scart 'splitter' plug that splits into the three composites. From that plug, the yellow wire is going to the projector. This doesn't seem to get me a picture.

I've tried using the same single yellow wire from the Video Out on the DVD player to same projector socket, and the picture shows up.

So I'm struggling to figure out why it's not carrying the freeview signal.

I've had a look at the projector properties, and everything seems to fine there.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

2. GafferTape

GafferTape

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried what seems like all possible combinations of wiring and settings, and still nothing.

If it helps, it's currently rotating between 'Setting up image' and 'Signal out of range' messages. No idea how to make the signal in-range, as it were.

:lease:

3. Malky1903

Malky1903

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Have you checked the Freeview box settings?
    What outputs other then composite does your Freeview box have?
    Composite is the poorest quality you can have. It's fine as a temporary measure for testing etc but not recommended in the long term.

4. GafferTape

GafferTape

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply.

The FreeView box has two RGB Scarts (as well as analogue/digital audio out), but I wanted to connect the DVD player using component, and the Freeview using composite, as I'm not too bothered on the quality of the Freeview image.

I suppose I could connect DVD through S-video, and use component for Freeview, but I dont have component wires at the moment to test whether that'll work anyway.

I've checked the Freeview settings, but to be honest, I'm not too sure what I'm looking for..

edit - I think the problem might be the Scart splitter. It's one of those they used to give away with PS2s, so perhaps the problems is there. I'm thinking that perhaps bypassing the composites completely, by getting a scart to svideo wire to use as freeview wire and a component connection for the dvd.