Connecting iMac Music folder to Bluesound Node

Bostonteax

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Just wasted a whole day trying to get my new Bluesound Node to read the contents of my Music folder on my new (ish) iMac. I have followed the online instructions but to no avail. Im getting the error message “Not Complete, There is a problem adding file”. As far as I can determine file sharing permissions have been set up correctly on the Mac. In the Bluesound app the browse fails to find the shared music folder and entering the Path to it manually doesn’t work either. Unless of course I’m not entering the right path. Can anyone help?

thank you

Need to share the Folder out via SMB:

1) Open System Preferences -> Sharing
2) Add Folder to Shared Folders list (+ sign and navigate to folder with your music and click add), my example I am sharing a folder named FLAC
3) Make sure you have at least Read permissions (might need to click + sign and add your account*) I've scrubbed out my name in the screen shot but it should look similar for you
4) Click options
5) Enable SMB
6) Now use BluOS and add the share: use the notation: \\[mac-ip-address]\[share name]
i.e for me: \\192.168.1.3\FLAC
7) User credentials will be the account user name and password you added to have permissions in step 3

(*for the IT geeks, then yes best practice would be a dedicated service account for music access, but come on this is a home network for flac playback! There's a line :D)

Screen shots to assist.

(enable file sharing, select/add shared folder, add user account)
Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 14.19.22.png

(enable SMB under options)
Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 14.17.39.png

(configure share access in BluOS)
Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 14.18.45.png

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom