Connecting HP G70-120EA to Acoustic Solutions CTVL32W3HD

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by JeLLyMaN, Feb 1, 2009.

1. JeLLyMaN

JeLLyMaN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble connecting my laptop to my TV (models in the title).

The laptop has HDMI and VGA output and the TV has HDMI and VGA inputs. I've tried connecting a HDMI and VGA cable (not at the same time :rolleyes:) to the TV from the laptop and no success. When I do connect the cables, the laptop screen goes black (but is turned on) and the TV says 'Not Support' or flickers really bad and makes a funny noise, and displays the following in the top left corner; m442xm4442 75Hz.

Now, I've also got a Hyundai television, in which I can connect the laptop to the TV via HDMI perfectly fine. This was when connecting the HDMI cable to the TV while both devices were already turned on.

I've tried mulitple ways of connecting the Acoustic Solutions TV to the laptop, such as powering off the laptop, connecting the HDMI cable, turning on the TV and then turning on the laptop - in order for the laptop to detect the TV and re-size the image, still no luck.

So, now I'm thinking that the laptop must be outputting a resolution and refresh rate that the TV can't handle - but I can't make a custom resolution for the TV in the NVidia control panel as once I connect the TV via HDMI/VGA the laptop screen goes blank.

Any help would be appreciated :thumbsup:

PS: I've checked the TV manual for supported resolutions/refresh rates but as stated above, I can't set a custom resolution as the laptop screen goes blank once the TV is connected. I'll post a picture of the said manual page.

Sorry for the bad pictures, but they're readable;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  2. jamez5050

jamez5050
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i know this post was a while ago. Did you ever find a solution? i'm having almost exactly the same problem, except i'm using a compaq desktop instead of the hp laptop.

I found that it runs in safe mode but the graphics card options cannot be accessed here to change the resolution to match the TV. Safe mode isn't great for doing ANYTHING either!

If you found out anything it would be really appreciated! Having a lot of trouble here!

3. MaskedAvenger

MaskedAvenger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I battled with this problem myself yesterday. My solution was to install Tight VNC on the affected computer (via safe mode) and then remote control the machine to change the resolution.

Note that you can't use the standard Windows Remote Desktop to do this, as it does not support display changes when remote!

Hope that helps someone in future.