Connecting home made sub to surround sound/hi-fi amplifier

Michaelsoroko

Novice Member
I have recently designed and built a small sub for my hi-fi. Currently I am using it on the left channel (not ideal I know) which only requires a positive and a negative cable. But to set the sub up properly with the amp it requires two Male RCA cables. I was wondering how I connect my passive sub through two RCA connectors.

Main reason me asking is because I am confused how I connect two RCA connectors when they have a positive and a negative on each connector. And my sub only has 2 wires.

The sub itself is a small 8" speaker with a low pass filter attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

I have a good understanding of electrical theory but not a great deal on hi-fi's so if I need to convert my sub to active it won't be a problem! :)

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
I have recently designed and built a small sub for my hi-fi. Currently I am using it on the left channel (not ideal I know) which only requires a positive and a negative cable. But to set the sub up properly with the amp it requires two Male RCA cables. I was wondering how I connect my passive sub through two RCA connectors.

Main reason me asking is because I am confused how I connect two RCA connectors when they have a positive and a negative on each connector. And my sub only has 2 wires.

The sub itself is a small 8" speaker with a low pass filter attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

I have a good understanding of electrical theory but not a great deal on hi-fi's so if I need to convert my sub to active it won't be a problem! :)
What amp is it?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020
Top Bottom