• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connecting Home Cinema, Freeview and Xbox 360

Ollsville

Standard Member
Hi,

Here's the sitch - I just bought a new tv and decided to grab myself a home cinema system. It's an LG BH6620P Blu-ray 3D Home Theatre package. Now, I want to connect it all up so i can use the surround sound on my freeview box and on my Xbox 360. I'm just lacking the know how to do it based on the inputs and outputs I've got available to me.

All the speakers are connected to the Blu-ray player which is then connected to the tv by HDMI. The Blu-ray player has no inputs except one optical in. Also a left/right audio I think (the red and white connection - I'm not a techie). The Xbox has the HDMI slot of course and also a port for the optical. The Freeview has two HDMI inputs (one output) and an optical in also.

What's the best way to go about connecting all three of these together to be able to use surrond sound with whatever I want?

Thank you in advance for your help. Appreciate it.

Cheers

logiciel

Hi and welcome to the forum.
A new TV ought to have a HD FV tuner so do you really need a separate FV machine?
It's very odd for any FV machine to have any HDMI or optical inputs, so are you sure, and what machine is it?
The XBox will connect to the HT by optical, and the FV can connect through the stereo phono sockets.

Last edited:

Ollsville

Standard Member
The reason i want to use the freeview box as oppose to the tv built FV option is that my freeview box is HD + Record and my new tv offers neither of these options.

Thanks

logiciel

OK - I was assuming too much - that all new TVs would have HD terrestrial tuners and USB recording.
Have you checked the FV PVR for sockets?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom