1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting Help

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Cupra R, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Cupra R

Cupra R
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Could someone please give me some help/advice on the best way to connect all this lot up??

Searched and couldn't find anything and din't know which section/category to put this into but here goes.

I am wanting to connect together for the best piture quality and sound reproduction;

My Sky+ box into a JVC All in one (DVD/Recorder and surround sound) this has Component out digital optical in aswell as scart connections then into a Toshiba 36" Tv which has Compoent input.

My idea was to go from the Sky+ box with an RGB Scart for picture then an Optiacal output for sound into the JVC All in one, out from the JVC with Component leads into the TV, so the only leads into the tv are Component just for picture all the sound will go through and be played via the JVC.

Does this all sound correct??? Any help/guidance/advice greatly appreciated also maybe possible leads to use???

Thanks in advance ( oh and all being well this lot is turning up tomorrow so I want to get he correct cabling to hook it all up for best PQ/Sound) without having to lug the big lump of a Toshiba about twice.

Hope this all makes sense..

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,954
    That looks about right. :smashin:
    Just make sure you take the RGB from the Sky+ "TV" Scart output and that it is setup in the Sky+ and JVC Input menus.

3. Cupra R

Cupra R
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers mate, hopefully then I will be able to post back on here tomorrow night very happy indeed.

Thanks again.

4. Cupra R

Cupra R
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Could anyone help me out please, I have connected my Sky+ box to my Toshiba 36ZP TV via RGB Scart and an optical digital cable for the sound.

When I switch on the Sky box the TV turns to the correct input, sound comes out the TV but NO picture??

Is it something simple in the settings that I may of missed?

I am a novice when it comes to this stuff....

5. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,954
    Have you set the Sky+ to output RGB?...via "Services", "System Setup", "Picture Settings", "Video Output" (Don't forget to "Save New Settings".......and "Backup 3 times)
    The scart socket you have it plugged into........is it setup in the menu for RGB input?
    Have you tried another scart lead?
    Have you tried it in another scart socket?
    Good luck.

6. Cupra R

Cupra R
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Jaycee.

I have set the Sky+ box to output RGB as you say, to be honest not sure whether I have got the correct settings in the TV (the instructions are not very precise on how to do this, or I have missed it) The scart lead is brand new (although I know this does not mean it's ok) I will try another scart socket (there's 3 to choose from) but having re-read the instructions I would say it's in the correct one.

The home cinema systme wasn't delivered yesterday, but it is coming today. so I'll try plugging it all together and see how I get on.

When initially searching for channels when the TV was first switched on, the Sky+ box was switched on and I think I managed to get a picture on from Sky via the coaxial lead, when I re-read thge instructions it said to search for channels with the Sky box in standby, so when I did thid I lost the picture from Sky, and only got sound what must of been output from the Optical lead....