Connecting headphones to sky

Dandandandaman

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am unable to connect my headphones to my tv and would like to know if I can connect them directly to my Sky HD box. If so how would I do it?

Thanks

Nice one Neil thanks for that I appreciate it. I already have the headphones so I presume I just need a red and white AV connection cable that will fit into my headphones and then it should work?

I doubt your existing headphones have "red and white" connectors? (Plus the ones I showed have FM radio built in.)

That's a remarkably low price.
The cables don't match the description - where does yellow come into it?

For equipment with a headphone jack output.

Last edited:
I doubt your existing headphones have "red and white" connectors? (Plus the ones I showed have FM radio built in.)

What I meant is could I get some kind of adapter to change the red and white av cables into something that will go into my headphones. One of the images for the link is a cable with red and white at one end and just single yellow at the other which I assume goes into the headphones. Would just getting that cable work with my headphones?

What I meant is could I get some kind of adapter to change the red and white av cables into something that will go into my headphones.

Into?? What is the connector on the input to your headphones?

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Brilliant! According to the link you provided they are USB!

The USB bit is for the wireless link from the xbox but I didnt want to mess with that. There is an input on the headphones where the xbox controller connects with a cable for in game chat so Im hoping the cable you mentioned will work if connected to that from the sky box. Also not sure if 3.5mm is the right size.

You will need some form of headphone amp that connects to the audio out of the Sky box (the two rca sockets) and that will amplify the line level signal and give you a headphone socket. Not sure that any of the solutions proposed so far will work. Why don't you ask the question in the headphone section as they will have more info on suitable kit.

You will need some form of headphone amp that connects to the audio out of the Sky box (the two rca sockets) and that will amplify the line level signal and give you a headphone socket. Not sure that any of the solutions proposed so far will work. Why don't you ask the question in the headphone section as they will have more info on suitable kit.

Good idea I may just do it, would there be a problem setting up a new post?

You will need some form of headphone amp that connects to the audio out of the Sky box (the two rca sockets) and that will amplify the line level signal and give you a headphone socket.

There is an input on the headphones where the xbox controller connects with a cable for in game chat so Im hoping the cable you mentioned will work if connected to that from the sky box.

So presumably a microphone out socket.

Not sure that any of the solutions proposed so far will work.

Post#2 will work, for a tenth of the price of XBox specific gaming headphones.

So presumably a microphone out socket.

Post#2 will work, for a tenth of the price of XBox specific gaming headphones.

But I already have those headphones and if the cable will work it will cost a tenth of the price of the additional headphones.

Sky Gnome has a headphone socket

Where the heck did that come from? My 1960's transistor radio had a headphone socket but the OP is talking about a socket on his headphones......

Where the heck did that come from? My 1960's transistor radio had a headphone socket but the OP is talking about a socket on his headphones......
The way I understood th OP was that he wanted to connect his headphones to the sky box,a gnome is one way of doing this without trailing wires around the room.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom