• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

connecting hdmi dvd recorder

barcabod

Standard Member
Hi i have a real basic knowledge so please be gentle.My questions are, can i connect a dvd recorder(with hdmi) to a pioneer 436 sxe? Will it be noticably better than my current config which is just by scart lead,and is it easy to set up .As i said pretty green to all this any help would be greatly recieved Thanks

davepuma

Distinguished Member
It depends really on the source and the display but in theory, yes, HMDI should give you a better picture. Check with your own eyes though! You might have to connect it up via SCART first to access the setup menus in order to change to HDMI. You will have to either try it or read the manual to find out. As I said though, try both and see what you prefer.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom