1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting hardware to a Panasonic TH42PW7B

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Bof, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Bof

Bof
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, new to the plasma scene, i'm wanting to purchase a Panasonic TH42PW7B asap and i'll need to connect some hardware to it. the hardware i'll need to connect to it are as follows:
    Sky +
    Panasonic DMRE85 Multi-Region DVD Recorder
    Yamaha RX-V 650RDS Titanium Receiver
    I realise that the TH42PW7B has 3 input slots on tha back, and that i could probably connect the first 2 items via scart input boards, but what about the Yamaha amp, also are there other ways to connect this equipment.
    Please could someone help me on this matter as i'm wanting to purchase the plasma in the next day or so, cheers Bof. :lease:

2. docb

docb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am in exactly the same boat BOF.
    Only difference being I have the yamaha ax750.
    I want to make sure the PQ from Sky and dvd is optomised.
    I am unsure whether to take the DVD and Sky into the amp and then to screen from amp, or direct to screen with DVD/Sky?

All replies greatly recieved.

3. guli

guli
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Get a component board, get a JS rgb to VGA

DVD recorder to component board, sky+ to js rgb to vga. You'll need a component cable, a vga cable and a scart cable.

That'll be about the best you can do.

If you want to route it via your amp, get the component board, get the js rgb to omponent. sky+ to js box, js box to amp via component , dvd recorder to amplifier via component. There is only one component output to screen from the amplifier. You'll need to get 3 component cables and a scart cable as well.

Alex