1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting H56A

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by BHOY, Sep 29, 2004.

1. BHOY

BHOY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys

As there are a few deals going about at the moment for the H56A, I've decided to take the plunge.

What I want to do is have one cable going to the pj from some sort of switching box that I can connect my dvd player my ps2 and digital cable up to.

My pj will be 20ft away from my viewing wall so the cable (component) will need to be about 10m.

Can anyone advise what to get, or is this possible?

Once I get some advice on what exactly I need, I can then contact some suppliers to get the best deal. Hoping to get it ordered by the weekend, I should have had it over a month ago but had to buy a new pc (just my luck)

Thanks in advance

P.S. Sorry for asking a duplicate question, Just noticed someone has asked a similar one a few posts down.

2. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The switching box you refer to is usually your home cinema amplifier.

Amplifiers will usually have video inputs and one monitor output.

3. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Hi BHOY - we need to know more about your kit to help with connecting up. If you have an AV amp with video switching that is a start, even better if it can convert signals up to component video.

The best bet is to get everything to one signal format. If you do not have a progressive scan DVD player you could use a scart switch box. This would receive RGB scart from your digibox and DVD, you should then also get RGB scart leads for your PS2. Out of the switchbox you would use an RGB to component converter and send component upto the projector.

This is only one of a million ways of doing it though and may not be best depending on your kit. Drop me a mail if you need a hand getting things together

4. BHOY

BHOY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys

I've spent that much time reading up on the pj's that i hadn't even thought about how to connect my kit to it, or what I need!!!

Liam I'll pm you